commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons-build] Site build problem
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:30:29 GMT
On 9/11/05, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Phil.
>
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>
> >There does not appear to be a reasonable way to make our customized
> >site.jslwork with both pre- and post-
> >1.9 versions of the maven xdoc plugin. The best solution is to upgrade to
> >1.9+ before generating commons sites. I also just fixed a problem in
> >commons-site.jsl that we preventing the date being displayed, so before
> >generating commons sites, you should svn up commons-build.
> >

> That's a shame - I would have thought at least one of those solutions
> would have worked.

The problem is that we have decoupled the site builds from commons-build -
the individual projects reference commons-site.jsl directly.

Probably the most effective thing to do in this case is to put a check
> into commons-build/maven.xml to make sure the latest plugin is being
> used. That could be used to select the JSL to use (current or previous),
> but it might be better to recommend a consistent version (especially if
> some start requiring the i18n or other features, for example).

Given the current setup above, unless I am missing something, all of the
maven.xml's would have to be modified to check, I guess this is possible.

Is there any way to get commons-site.jsl to check?

Thanks for your help on this and any ideas that you have on how to improve
the setup.

If you can see an any way to eliminate the dependency on the fmt library
from commons-site.jsl without breaking site generation or to sneak it in
somehow without breaking xdoc <1.9, that would also be great.

Phil