commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 1.1
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 00:52:06 GMT
On 9/1/05, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> Phil Steitz wrote:
> > --8<-----------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release Math 1.1
> > [ ] +0 General support but not definitive
> > [X] -0 Unhappy about the release but not definitive
> > [ ] -1 Do not release Math 1.1
>
> -0
>
> a) My general point about the JDK the release was compiled under. The
> manifest says 1.4, but I believe [math] targets earlier JDKs.

 That is true, but I compiled the unit tests under 1.3 and they ran
successfully against the release jars. The tests have pretty good path
coverage. The compile target is also set to 1.3. Do you still think it is
necessary to compile using 1.3?

b) text files, including the NOTICE and LICENSE use Unix line endings.
> This is a debated point, but I always prefer to see at least the zips
> use Windows line endings.

 Anyone know how to fix this?

Stephen