commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [exec] use of commons-logging
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:45:20 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at the use of commons logging in exec.

It needs to go for the reasons you listed.

I talked about this earlier with Niklas and we agreed, it just hasn't
been looked at yet - not only do we need to have a simple monitor to be
able to pass on the messages, but probably do more logging of the output
streams.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=112260252732344&w=2

> There's also the problem of the minimum version of Java supported by
> commons-exec, though this looks like it will be less of a problem.

Yes, we need to keep an eye on this. Is Ant 1.2+ or 1.3+ these days? I
remember a vote for 1.4+ got voted down...
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=112328474406242&w=2

Perhaps since this is targetted for Ant 1.8, it can be reassessed again.

- Brett