commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject [exec] use of commons-logging
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:36:51 GMT
Hi,

I've been looking at the use of commons logging in exec.  Coming from
ant dev, it would be nice to refactor ant to use the commons-exec
package, but Ant has it's own logging mechanism (using logging
listeners), and I'm pretty sure that the ant code base will not change
to using commons-logging throughout except as the listener, and as far
as I'm aware the ant team want to keep the ant bootstrap as minimal as
possible (require nothing but an xml parser and a jdk). [1]

There's also the problem of the minimum version of Java supported by
commons-exec, though this looks like it will be less of a problem.

Still it would be nice to use these components in more than one place so
that changes/fixes don't have to be copied about, I'm just not too sure
that it will happen anytime soon

[1]http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=112729258826251&w=2

Kev