commons-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [math] Complex equals
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:25:27 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> So which do you prefer?

A difficult question. Maybe trying to instantiate a Complex like 1+i*Nan
should result in Complex.NaN for which both Re() and Img() are NaN. This
means there is really only a single complex NaN.

> Going through the (old) archives, I remember at one point we were talking
> about adhering to C9x Annex G: IEC 559-compatible complex arithmetic*. *I
> can't put my hands on that spec right now, but I will have a look to see
> what the recommendation is.

Probably the best idea anybody can come up with. I'm certainly not
able to outsmart the C9x standard developers.

J.Pietschmann