commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [commons-build] Site build problem
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:13:47 GMT
Hi Phil.

Phil Steitz wrote:

>There does not appear to be a reasonable way to make our customized
>site.jslwork with both pre- and post-
>1.9 versions of the maven xdoc plugin. The best solution is to upgrade to
>1.9+ before generating commons sites. I also just fixed a problem in
>commons-site.jsl that we preventing the date being displayed, so before
>generating commons sites, you should svn up commons-build.

That's a shame - I would have thought at least one of those solutions
would have worked.

Probably the most effective thing to do in this case is to put a check
into commons-build/maven.xml to make sure the latest plugin is being
used. That could be used to select the JSL to use (current or previous),
but it might be better to recommend a consistent version (especially if
some start requiring the i18n or other features, for example).

Here's an example:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/faq/plugin.jelly?rev=267498&view=markup

Cheers,
Brett