commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [proxy] Commons-Lang Dependency...
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:10:56 GMT
James Carman wrote:
> Thank you for the advice, guys!  I copied the getAllInterfaces() method over
> to my ProxyUtils class and documented that I "borrowed" it from Jakarta
> Commons Lang.
By approaching it this way, you will find that you can monitor your
usage of these routines, and can thus add a dependency later if it seems
justified. Make sure your class is package scoped.

 > The only absolute runtime dependency that commons-proxy
> has now is the AOP Alliance API, ....... That
> one I think I'm stuck with, though.  I might try to come up with a way to
> provide a "bridge" or "adapter" to the AOP Alliance API and come up with my
> own interface for method interceptors.  I don't know how necessary that is,
> though.  The AOP Alliance API is somewhat well accepted.

This is similar to [email] depending on JavaMail API. It is (probably)
the reason why your component exists, so it is only reasonable to have
the dependency.

Stephen