commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: Lang dependency [VOTE] Release Commons Email 1.0
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:55:40 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
>
>> Give us a patch. Code before words. As I said, I've looked into this
>> and I might do some work for 1.1. Not for 1.0.
>

> I send this as a patch on Bugzilla today.

The patches are now there. They remove the whole [lang] dependency by
adding a package scoped EmailUtils class, and changing the
EmailException class.

The EmailException change could be applied separately if desired, but
since the tests pass with the whole change, I would suggest applying it.

I also noticed an oddity in Email.sendMimeMessage(), where the
Validate.notNull() method was used. This [lang] method will throw an
IllegalArgumentException in case of error, yet this is undocumented by
sendMimeMessage(). Also, every other error thrown by [email] is an
EmailException. So, perhaps this should be changed to throw an
EmailExecption?

BTW: The new classes use [lang]/[collections] brace positioning. Feel
free to adjust if you have a code formatter, or tell me to adjust them.

Stephen