commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Boris Unckel" <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [logging] log4j 1.3 support
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:30:59 GMT
Hello,

> > Level.Trace was introduced in 1.2.12
> >
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/Level.html#TRACE
> You are right. Thanks!
> And 1.2.12 is released. As soon as it is in the ibiblio, I will update the
> version in project.xml
> Only a little confusing that Log4J13Logger is for Log4j 1.2.12+
> I will also add this as comment to the Log4J13Logger.

Since these are internal classes I would recommend to detect the log4j
Feature, not it's version, and rename the Log4J??Logger to
feature dependend name (i.E. Log4JWithTraceLogger and Log4JLegacyLogger).
The older one could be depraceted (first step/version) and afterwards
made be final to make users who extended it, are forced to migrate
in a definded timeframe.

Boris