commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: [proxy] Commons-Lang Dependency...
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 03:06:54 GMT
"Make sure your class is package scoped"

Well, it's public, and so is the getAllInterfaces() method, but it doesn't
have the same signature as the one from commons-lang (it returns a Class[]
as opposed to a List).  I have a private implementation method that I call
in my array-based version that I copied from commons-lang.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Colebourne [mailto:scolebourne@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 6:11 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [proxy] Commons-Lang Dependency...

James Carman wrote:
> Thank you for the advice, guys!  I copied the getAllInterfaces() method
over
> to my ProxyUtils class and documented that I "borrowed" it from Jakarta
> Commons Lang.
By approaching it this way, you will find that you can monitor your
usage of these routines, and can thus add a dependency later if it seems
justified. Make sure your class is package scoped.

 > The only absolute runtime dependency that commons-proxy
> has now is the AOP Alliance API, ....... That
> one I think I'm stuck with, though.  I might try to come up with a way to
> provide a "bridge" or "adapter" to the AOP Alliance API and come up with
my
> own interface for method interceptors.  I don't know how necessary that
is,
> though.  The AOP Alliance API is somewhat well accepted.

This is similar to [email] depending on JavaMail API. It is (probably)
the reason why your component exists, so it is only reasonable to have
the dependency.

Stephen