commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <>
Subject [proxy] Commons-Lang Dependency...
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:58:57 GMT
What is our policy on inter-project dependencies?  I just had to copy a
method from commons-lang, because I didn't want to introduce a runtime
cdf9h71$c9j$  That seems, as Henning pointed out,
silly to me.  And, the commons-email release was shot down because of its
dependence upon commons-lang.  The dependence in email, though, was exposed
in the public API.  In proxy, the dependence is upon the
ClassUtils.getAllInterfaces() method inside a couple of class'
implementations.  Is this okay?  Or, should I strive (as I already have
done) to keep the dependencies to a minimum?  I do have a runtime dependency
upon Commons Logging at this time also.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message