commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [proxy] Moving to commons proper...
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:23:40 GMT
All,

Do we have any minimum requirements for moving a component from the sandbox
to commons proper?  I'm just trying to get an idea of what sort of factors
would cause someone to vote against moving a component into proper.

I don't think Commons Proxy is quite ready.  The API has been somewhat
volatile as Knut and I have been hashing out ideas about what it should look
like.  We recently (tonight) added support for "invocation handler proxies",
which use a java.lang.reflect.InvocationHandler to handle all method
invocations.

Thanks,

James