commons-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] how to donate my JavaScript and Include tag libraries?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:19:35 GMT
On Sep 6, 2005, at 11:54 AM, Jon Brisbin wrote:
> How would I go about donating these tags back to the Jelly
> community? Would it be beneficial to use the JavaScript tag as the
> basis for a standard tag with the jelly distro? I use it
> extensively and it would be an incredibly simple way to introduce
> scripting into an XML-based application. I use it to script my
> internal web application framework. I expose all the JellyContext
> variables to JavaScript, so you can manipulate the Jelly processing
> dynamically. It actually works pretty well and the capabilities
> make my life much easier when I go to write new apps.

The 'simple' answer is to post it as a patch in JIRA. I think it
might make the most sense to have this available as a new tag
library, would you agree?

Since it sounds like this is a larger contribution, it might be
necessary for a CLA or a Software Grant to be filled out, <http://
apache.org/licenses/#clas>, but someone with more knowledge can
clarify that..
-pete

--
peter royal