commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] how to donate my JavaScript and Include tag libraries?
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:38:51 GMT
On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 08:19 -0400, peter royal wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2005, at 11:54 AM, Jon Brisbin wrote:
> > How would I go about donating these tags back to the Jelly
> > community? Would it be beneficial to use the JavaScript tag as the
> > basis for a standard tag with the jelly distro? I use it
> > extensively and it would be an incredibly simple way to introduce
> > scripting into an XML-based application. I use it to script my
> > internal web application framework. I expose all the JellyContext
> > variables to JavaScript, so you can manipulate the Jelly processing
> > dynamically. It actually works pretty well and the capabilities
> > make my life much easier when I go to write new apps.
>
> The 'simple' answer is to post it as a patch in JIRA. I think it
> might make the most sense to have this available as a new tag
> library, would you agree?
>
> Since it sounds like this is a larger contribution, it might be
> necessary for a CLA or a Software Grant to be filled out, <http://
> apache.org/licenses/#clas>, but someone with more knowledge can
> clarify that..

+1

the incubator now handles substantial donations. it's not a long or
involved process (unlike incubating a community) but it ensures that
people how know about the legal side are involved and can make sure that
everything's straight.

i'm not too sure on the procedure but i'll take a look into it...

- robert