commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester][PROPOSAL] cut new snapshot
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 06:43:54 GMT
On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 13:13 +0100, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 21:10 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 20:44 +0100, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > > there's been a recent request to cut a new (dated) snapshot from HEAD.
> > > (unless there are objections) i'll cut and upload a new dated snapshot
> > > no earlier than 2400 GMT friday 9th september.
> >
> > Deploying a snapshot to www/cvs.apache.org/repository is ok by me.
> >
> > The RELEASE-NOTES.txt file should probably be updated to indicate what
> > changes are in the snapshot...
>
> the deployment would just be a jar and so would not contain the release
> notes. do you think that it's worthwhile updating just the copy of the
> release notes in SVN?

It's just that I assume that people will always want to know "what's
fixed/what's been added in this snapshot".

If there's a tag in SVN for the snapshot then I think it's a good idea
to update the release notes so that people can look at the
RELEASE-NOTES.txt file in the tag to see what the snapshot jar changes
are.

But if the snapshot jar is just going to be generated from HEAD of trunk
then I guess it's less important.

In practice, there are only about 3 commits since the last official
release anyway I think, so updating the release notes won't be a bit
task. If it rains this weekend I might find time to do it anyway.

Cheers,

Simon