commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Bug Count for Commons (based on Bugzilla Aug 28)
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:32:20 GMT
Dam this is a bad idea - can we -1 this before some of us get statistically
shamed ;-)

Niall

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henri Yandell" <flamefew@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 6:08 PM

The next numbers to figure out are # of commits in last N period, # of
closed bugs in Bugzilla in last N period and number of entries in the
dev mailing list. Also the number of entries in the user mailing list.

Giving us a user-demand vs dev-supply graph:

UD = bugs open + user threads
DS = commits + dev threads + closed bugs

UD/DS = low/low => inactive?
UD/DS = low/high => releasing when?
UD/DS = high/high => warm fuzzies....
UD/DS = high/low => alert!

Maybe set N to be a month.

Why does this seem worryingly possible :)

On 9/4/05, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> Maybe we should add a method to Commons Math to calculate this value. :-)
>
> public double calculateProbabilityOfBugs(int nUsers, int
nActiveMaintainers)