commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject [jci] initial compiling
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:52:13 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem with loading a class immediately after the setup of the
CompilingClassLoader. With a setup like in the TestCases using a signal object
it does not work (I get ClassNotFoundException), because the CCL does release a
reload() event immediately after setup - before my files have been compiled.

Removing the reload() from the last line of start() in the CCL seems to be the
correct way. The CCL is waiting for the CompilingListener then and does release
a reload() event after compiling is finished. The problem seems to be an initial
empty directory, because in this case the CompilingListener does not release the
reload() event.

But with the two reload()s I can not distinct between the events (just wait for
the second reload() sounds not really reliable). So I need either access to the
CompilingListener to get informed about the finished compiling or the reload()
must send information about the type of event (like the ActionListeners in AWT).

But IMO this should be fixed in the CompilingListener without the reload() in
CCL as there is no difference in starting with an empty directory or later
emptying a directory.

Do I have missed something?

WDYT?

Joerg