commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Gant <john.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Re: commons math
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:25:46 GMT
I have no link currently, although I can create a link soon (within
the day). All of my algorithms are textbook algorithms, that I have
used for class or other purposes. Although I am fairly certain these
are not restricted in any way, I am not overly familiar with IP issues
and welcome help on determining the status of these algorithms. Let me
work on putting this code online this evening (I'm on EST), and I'll
send a link out tonight so that my code is available. Please keep in
mind that this does need refactoring to include commons math basic
statistical and numerical classes. By this I mean that I have used my
own mean, sum, max, min methods within these classes. I plan on
refactoring this to include commons math based methods.

Thanks,
John

On 8/15/05, Lukas Vlcek <lukas.vlcek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Phil noted the question of IP is very important. As far as I know
> association mining concept is not covered by any patent or copyright
> (in fact I would be very surprised if it is).
>
> Also I think (and authors of [math] would confirm) that it is
> important to provide good and clear documentation for every new
> function to [math].
>
> John, do you have any documentation for you functions (I mean links to
> some papers where the function is described)? I am not [math] commiter
> but I am interested in your stuff. Is there any link where I could
> download your code?
>
> Regards,
> Lukas
>

> On 8/15/05, John Gant <john.gant@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Excellent! I also found some older stuff that I had written yesterday,
> > and it included a tree clustering algorithm. Within this code, I also
> > found implementations of distibution-specific random number
> > generators, i.e. triangular, uniform, exponential, etc. I am not sure
> > if these would be useful in the statistical section, but I could
> > refactor them to use commons math classes.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >
> > On 8/15/05, Lukas Vlcek <lukas.vlcek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > this sounds great to me as well!
> > >
> > > I have been using [math] for some time and I found it very handy
> > > (congratulations to math team!). As for data mining functions I didn't
> > > have a chance to look what is implemented elsewhere yet (e.g: WEKA)
> > > but if there is anything what could be started in commons-math domena
> > > then I could offer my implementation of association mining package. It
> > > is not finished yet and still needs more tuning but I hope to finish
> > > it soon and see if it is helpful to other people.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Lukas

IP

> > --