commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Gant <john.g...@gmail.com>
Subject commons math
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2005 16:01:22 GMT
Hello,
I am currently a graduate student in Computer Science and Computer
Engineering at the University of Louisville, Kentucky. First let me
congratulate the group of developers who commit and architect for
apache commons. I have used many of the libraries and they are all of
excellent quality (but I guess you already know that :)). I am
interested in contributing to open source software and have interests
that are in the domain of statistics with a focus in data mining.
After writing many algorithms for classes, and asking an apache
contributor if any of this would be needed elsewhere, he told me to
purpose something to the dev list. So here it goes, I would like to
help start a data mining section of commons math and advance the
existing statistical libraries. I plan on developing the algorithms
for personal use anyway, and would like to see some of my work be used
by others. If anyone is interested we can continue this thread and I
will email my code, and purpose my new algorithms.

John Gant