commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiving Commons Sandbox components
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:04:28 GMT
> As per the Sandbox pruning proposal
> (http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ProposalSandboxPruning), I
> propose to archive the following 'inactive' components (ie nothing
> changed in over 6 months):
>
> periodicity_1
> resources
> joran
> uid
> launcher
> bzip2
> morphos
> jdbc2pool
> cjan
> cadastre
> amend

The "resources" package is in Commons Proper, not in the sandbox.  It
is also (still) under consideration for adoption in Struts to replace
the Struts-specific utility code it was refactored from.

Some other sandbox packages you should consider adding to the dormant
list are "threading" and "workflow" -- both were packages I originally
created, but didn't accumulate a developer community.  In both cases,
there are better approaches to the problem spaces in other projects,
so I don't forsee any likely development here.

Craig