commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT][email] commons-email release candidate 6 available
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:22:34 GMT
Eric Pugh <epugh@upstate.com> writes:

>Henning (and others),

I'm fine. I did take a look at the open issue in bugzilla (#34056),
but IMHO it still needs some work.

There is at least one method name that I don't like:
setIsInitialized(). This should be setInitialized().

I do understand the issue with "BROKEN" in the patch now: If you
change "MimeBodyPart" to "BodyPart", you lose setText(String msg,
String charset), because this is defined in MimePart, something that
is not implemented by BodyPart alone.

I'd advise to use something like this (if you don't know what I'm
talking about:
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=14518&action=diff#c:/projects3.0/commons-email/src/java/org/apache/commons/mail/MultiPartEmail.java_sec6)

try {
    BodyPart primary = getPrimaryBodyPart();

    if ((primary instanceof MimePart) && StringUtils.isNotEmpty(charset)) {
        ((MimePart) primary).setText(msg, charset);
    } else {
        primary.setText(msg);
    }

Or we just leave the patch for 1.0.1, which would IMHO be a shame
because the basic idea of the patch is quite sound.

>Do you think we are at a good enough point to call for 1.0?  I am
>working on fixing the Gump metadata descriptor, which is currently
>broken due to findbugs, but that shouldn't affect our 1.0.

I'd be +1 for releasing now or with 34056 resolved. As I have been
volunteered for release manager, feel free to run a vote, if it
passes, I'll do the rest.

BTW: This might be a good time as any to discuss moving the bug
tracker to JIRA. With the 1.0 release, we will get some attention and
IMHO it would be nice to have it "over there".

	Regards
		Henning

>Eric

>On Aug 25, 2005, at 4:19 AM, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

>> Eric Pugh <epugh@upstate.com> writes:
>>

>>> the sixth release candidate for commons email is now available for
>>> download from http://people.apache.org/~epugh/commons-email/.
>>>

>> I tagged rc6 to tags/EMAIL_1_0_RC6 and moved the trunk to rc7-dev.
>>
>>     Regards
>>         Henning
>>
>> --
>> Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen          INTERMETA GmbH
>> hps@intermeta.de        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/
>>
>> RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development  -- hero
>> for hire
>>    Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Development
>>
>>               4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42