commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] 1.1.1 maintenance release?
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:12:30 GMT
Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@t-online.de> writes:

>Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

>>[ ] can replace 1.1 without any user or developer visible changes: 1.1.1
>>[ ] might have some developers "gotchas" or user visible changes:  1.2
>>
>>IMHO.
>>

>Okay, then 1.2 would be the number of choice. Fine with me!

Note that this would be _my_ number of choice. I'd be upset if a version
number change from 1.1 (.0) to 1.1.1 would break my application. I'd expect
these versions to be interchangeable (i.e. 1.1.1 only a bug fix release).

1.2 would IMHO mean "watch out, some gotchas"

2.0 would mean "expect heavy breakage and code adjustments". :-)

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42