commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r233505 - in /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/trunk/src:
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 06:36:41 GMT
oheger@apache.org writes:

>+        try
>+        {
>+            it.next();
>+            fail("Could iterate over the iteration's end!");
>+        }
>+        catch(NoSuchElementException nex)
>+        {
>+            //ok
>+        }

This allows it.next() to throw another exception which leads to an
unchecked test failure. I found that using

    try
    {
	it.next();
	fail("Could iterate over the iteration's end!");
    }
    catch(Exception e)
    {
	assertEquals("it.next() over end threw wrong exception", NoSuchElementException.class, e.getClass())
    }

is more stable in the long run, because it makes sure that every
exception thrown by it.next() is caught.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42