commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT][email] commons-email release candidate 5 available
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:36:36 GMT
robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> writes:

>--=-zRC4/Oiuw5rNvyoZNNSQ

>the fifth release candidate for commons email is now available for
>download from http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-email/.

I tried this with the current 2.3 snapshot of turbine and replacing
our ancient commons-email snapshot with 1.0-RC5, I discovered that
some methods which threw MessagingException (e.g. Email::setTo,
Email::send) now throw EmailException:

    [echo] Compiling to /home/henning/scratch/turbine-svn/turbine-TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH/target/classes
    [javac] Compiling 432 source files to /home/henning/scratch/turbine-svn/turbine-TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH/target/classes
/home/henning/scratch/turbine-svn/turbine-TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH/target/src/org/apache/turbine/util/velocity/VelocityHtmlEmail.java:192:
send() in org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityHtmlEmail cannot override send() in org.apache.commons.mail.HtmlEmail;
overridden method does not throw javax.mail.MessagingException
    public void send() throws MessagingException
                ^
/home/henning/scratch/turbine-svn/turbine-TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH/target/src/org/apache/turbine/util/velocity/VelocityEmail.java:243:
send() in org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityEmail cannot override send() in org.apache.commons.mail.Email;
overridden method does not throw javax.mail.MessagingException
    public void send() throws MessagingException

>feedback welcomed

This will be more of a "heads up" for turbine-users, not a real
problem. Do you have any idea when the 1.0 release will be due? I'm
planning to do turbine-2.3.2 and it would be nice to get a 1.0 here
because commons-email is one of our few non-release dependencies.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42