commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <>
Subject Re: [exec] Design of commons-exec
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:18:03 GMT
Tomasz Pik wrote:
>>* Process destroyer: adds itself as a shutdown hook, Execute adds and
>>removes created processes to ensure that they are correctly destroyed
>>when the JVM stops.
> I'm sure it works in Ant but I'm worry about using such solution in server-side
> applications where JVM (in therory) do not stop - just application is being
> redeployed over and over.

I agree. Right now everything is tuned for Ant-type applications (quick
runs). In the case of long-runnings JVMs a Watchdog is more appropriate.
In the current code I got the ProcessDestroyer is not optional but I'll
make a note of fixing that.

Niklas Gustavsson

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: