commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jci] initial compiling
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:36:10 GMT
> I have a problem with loading a class immediately after the setup
> of the
> CompilingClassLoader. With a setup like in the TestCases using a
> signal object
> it does not work (I get ClassNotFoundException), because the CCL
> does release a
> reload() event immediately after setup - before my files have been
> compiled.

Why would you expect the classes be available right away?
It's an asynchronous process. But maybe explain your
environment a bit more.

There is a bug in the listener behavior for the
ReloadingClassLoader (it would require to signal
the stop, not the reload. see the FIXME inside the code)
but thats fine for the CCL.

If the files are already on disk the start of the CL
should start the fam that will trigger the compilation
after the first run. The "hasReloaded" notification should
happen after the compilation has finished and your classes
should be available after that.

Please try the latest version and report back.
I did some substantial changes over the weekend.

cheers
--
Torsten