commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r234412 - /jakarta/commons/proper/lang/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/SystemUtils.java
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:51:39 GMT
Hi:

We've had a () chat on this list before I seem to recall. I understand
that we see things differently on this one. For me, more characters
obscure the intent, I have to push a '(' and pop a ')' on my code
reading brain stack and keep on reading. I could get a bigger stack...

Gary

PS: I also get nervous twitches from my days as a C programmer when I
see () in return statements. :-P

/jakarta/commons/proper/lang/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/Syst
em