commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Birch <david.bi...@gmail.com>
Subject [el] modifiy function invocation to support lookup
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:27:15 GMT
Hi,
i am currently using EL in a validation framework, and am looking to
generalise the function invocation bit, preferrably in a way that doesn't
invalidate the grammar to the EL spec. I was thinking something like

${... JNDI:<JNDI Object Name>.<function on object to invoke>...}

also (& importantly) to provide static class fucntion access, something
like:

${...STATIC:<qualified java class name>.<function to invoke> ...}

I can handle the former with some BCEL code gen (i generate a class with a
static method that invokes the call), bu the latter seems to be obstrcuted
by the current parser grammar - whenever there is a dot in the localname
part of the function invocation, it gets picked up as an attribute or
skipped, so i am wondering, is there something in the spec i am missing, or
is something like

${... STATIC:com.mycomany.MyClass.myMethod() ...} illegal?

If not, would anyone be able to help to point out how to modify to support
this? I am gathering the QualifiedName () : function in Parser.jj is what i
need update, but being a bit hopless with Javacc (trying to learn tho..) i
can't seem to get it right...

(this is sort the last hitch in getting a useable release which allows
access to business functions from the validation rules, fyi, this
http://www.jglue.com/lv/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=6&contentId=53 is the
incomplete stuff so far...)

thanks
David