commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] Re: commons math
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:27:17 GMT
John,

Sounds great!  Extending the stat package to include some data mining
capabilities would be a good and useful addition to commons-math,
IMHO.  To get started, the first thing to do is to read the
developer's guide
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/developers.html), which will
tell point you to the general apache references and go over some IP
stuff that we have to worry about in [math].

Then either here or on the Wiki (see the guide for a link), post a
brief description of the kinds of mining algorithms that you are
interested in developing and we can get this going. On this list, pls
begin the subject line of all [math] messages with [math].

Thanks in advance for your contributions!

Phil