commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [io] release?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:05:10 GMT
Hi Stephen (et al)...

Just wanted to prod a bit to make sure you were aware that I attached a
new version of FileSystemUtils to the aforementioned ticket that
addresses the two outstanding issues.  Hopefully that puts it in good
shape to be committed and included with the next release.

Frank

Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> I only see mention and a link to CVS off the web site
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/).  I assume
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/io/trunk/ is the
> correct repository path?
>
> I can certainly take care of the cmd.exe thing, that's relatively minor
> to deal with... now I'm kind of remembering the discussion... I suspect
> that was just a cut-and-paste error on my part because I can't imagine
> *ever* thinking cmd.exe would be correct on *nix.  I'm no *nix expert,
> but I know better than that :)
>
> I also have a relatively simple solution in mind for the language thing.
>  I should be able to get both of those things taken care of tomorrow,
> Wednesday at the latest.
>
> Frank
>
> Stephen Colebourne wrote:
>
>> Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
>>
>>> It looks like the only thing in FileSystemUtils is my code... and I
>>> don't see it in CVS anyway (I would have sworn this moved to SVN, but
>>> I guess I'm not remembering things right).
>>

>> Its in SVN. CVS is dead.
>>
>>> If we can determine what needs to be done to complete it I may be
>>> able to do it in the next day or two.  Certainly if you or anyone can
>>> give me an idea of a task list I can certainly let you know in what
>>> timeframe I can get it done to see if it can make the cut or not.
>>> I'm not sure it needs *a lot* of work :)
>>

>> Last I recall is that the Windows version was US only (it checks for
>> English text). And the Unix version doesn't work on most Unixes (as it
>> relies on cmd exe)
>>
>> That said its a useful thing to have, so if it can be fixed...
>>
>> Stephen

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies