commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] 1.1.1 maintenance release?
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 05:53:55 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg schrieb:
> Oliver Heger wrote:
>
>> There was a question on the user list about a 1.1.1 release.
>>
>> I think, this is a good idea, especially because there were some
>> problems in 1.1 with file based configurations and reloading
>> strategies, which (hopefully) have been fixed in the meantime. Making
>> these improvements officially available wouldn't be too bad, would it?
>>
>> Opinions?
>

> I would rather aim directly toward a 1.2 release including the latest
> enhancements, that sounds easier than managing a 1.1.x branch and a
> 1.2.x branch given our limited resources. What fixes would you merge in
> a 1.1.x branch ?
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

My intention was to get out a release soon to make the fixes after the
1.1 release available to a larger user base. Because there are only few
new features the version number 1.1.1 seemed to be appropriate.

If you want to directly go to 1.2, what other changes would you like to
incorporate? Or in other words: when could a 1.2 release happen?

Oliver