commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [io] release?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:09:12 GMT
I only see mention and a link to CVS off the web site
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/).  I assume
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/io/trunk/ is the
correct repository path?

I can certainly take care of the cmd.exe thing, that's relatively minor
to deal with... now I'm kind of remembering the discussion... I suspect
that was just a cut-and-paste error on my part because I can't imagine
*ever* thinking cmd.exe would be correct on *nix.  I'm no *nix expert,
but I know better than that :)

I also have a relatively simple solution in mind for the language thing.
  I should be able to get both of those things taken care of tomorrow,
Wednesday at the latest.

Frank

Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
>
>> It looks like the only thing in FileSystemUtils is my code... and I
>> don't see it in CVS anyway (I would have sworn this moved to SVN, but
>> I guess I'm not remembering things right).
>

> Its in SVN. CVS is dead.
>
>> If we can determine what needs to be done to complete it I may be able
>> to do it in the next day or two.  Certainly if you or anyone can give
>> me an idea of a task list I can certainly let you know in what
>> timeframe I can get it done to see if it can make the cut or not.  I'm
>> not sure it needs *a lot* of work :)
>

> Last I recall is that the Windows version was US only (it checks for
> English text). And the Unix version doesn't work on most Unixes (as it
> relies on cmd exe)
>
> That said its a useful thing to have, so if it can be fixed...
>
> Stephen

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies