commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] JSR-168 support in 1.1-dev: can we get a release (plan)?
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:21:57 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:
> On 8/21/05, Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:
>
>>I'm working (as committer) on Jetspeed-2, Portals Bridges and Wicket (wicket.sf.net).
>>For all these projects I need to provide some form of JSR-168 based FileUpload.
>>Although I found the 1.1-dev release in cvs.apache.org/repository I'd rather see a
real 1.1 release.
>>The current codebase hasn't been touched since December 2004 and although it might
not be 100% fail prove,
>>a release simply based on the current codebase would be very much appreciated.
>>Reviewing the mailing lists (both dev and user) shows I'm not alone in this respect...
>>I've already seen some projects decide to pull in the code themselves instead of waiting
for ever.
>>Could anyone from the FileUpload team please give an indication if, and hopefully
when, we can expect something?

> FileUpload 1.1 depends on IO 1.1. I've tried to nudge the IO folks
> several times to get their 1.1 release done, but there always seem to
> be a few more things that need to be finished up and nobody to do the
> finishing, so that has never happened. That has rather dampened the
> enthusiasm I once had for getting FileUpload 1.1 finished and out the
> door...
Martin,

Thanks for the quick response.
What exactly is it you need from IO 1.1? I tested fileupload 1.1-dev with IO 1.0
without problems (so far). Also, the project.xml still denotes a 1.0 dependency on IO.

>>And if need be, I'm willing to help out where I can: just let me know.
>

> If you can help in any way to get IO 1.1 released, then I'll be glad
> to jump back in and finish off FileUpload 1.1 shortly thereafter.
Well, I see Henning already is pushing some buttons, but I'd first like to be sure a IO 1.1
is really needed.

Thanks,
Ate