commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] snapshots removed from ibiblio
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:38:09 GMT
Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> Brett,
>
> Le 16 août 05, à 09:16, Brett Porter a écrit :
>
>> The SNAPSHOT releases of Jelly have been removed from ibiblio. They
>> were way out of date and confusing. If you need to track a
>> development version, they are published to
>> http://cvs.apache.org/repository. The default Maven settings used for
>> jar:deploy publish there already.
>

> The one in jelly's project.properties publishes to both cvs.apache.org
> and www.apache.org using maven.

Both are configured, but only one by default (maven.repo.list). To
publish live, use -Dmaven.repo.list=apache.releases

>> I have removed these files and the timestamped builds from
>> java-repository. This is a release only repository, so those must not
>> be kept there. The timestamped versions remain on ibiblio and the in
>> archive for historical purposes.
>> If anyone has any objections I have retained a copy I can put back to
>> the same spot.
>

> You mean the one at www.apache.org, right ?
> There was a port of Henk recently on this... now forwarding to
> commons-dev.
> I'm happy to adjust the properties of jelly  for upload but we NEED to
> adapt the documentation pointers.
> I went from:
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html
>   http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository
> but didn't see
>   http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository/BrettPorter
> which states that the repository at www.apache.org should be for
> releases only.

I really have to capture the wiki information in a proper document. I'm
getting there.

The important thing to remember is not to put anything in
/www/www.apache.org/dist that is not a sanctioned release.

Cheers,
Brett