commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kohsuke.kawagu...@sun.com>
Subject Re: [javaflow] class loader
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2005 03:54:54 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> java -Djava.system.class.loader=<name of the class>
>
> see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/ClassLoader.html

Aaa, there's always something new to learn.

>>> No worries ...just go ahead
>>>

>> I implemented this and put this back as
>> "ContinuationURLClassLoader". I'm sure there's a better name, though.
>
> Actually I think we should *replace* the old
> one. We should make sure the API does not
> provide too many options.

I generally agree with this.

> I'd say:
> if it does what it should - replace it.

OK, I will do this. But you are aware that it doesn't completely subsume
the functionality of the current ContinuationClassLoader, right?

> Couldn't we then maybe also extend from URLClassLoader?

It would have been great if I could have done this, but no, as far as I
can tell, URLClassLoader doesn't have a hook we can use to insert the
class file transformation.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com