commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [exec][patch] commons-exec initial contrib
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 00:10:24 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>Ok, do I need to edit the commit message?
>>

>If you don't mind, yes thanks.

Ok, I could use some guidance on this. The original message was:

r230452 | brett | 2005-08-05 22:21:46 +1000 (Fri, 05 Aug 2005) | 3 lines

Submitted by: Niklas Gustavsson
initial import of refactored code from the Ant Exec tasks.

What areas did you find this deficient that I can improve it?

How about:

"A copy of several classes from the Apache Ant codebase, restructured
into a reusable library without dependence on Ant itself."

>>Is a CLA from Niklas (and CCLA if necessary) plus modification
>>of the original commit message to indicate origin sufficient?
>>

>Seems so.  From what you seem to have tracked down, everything is turning
>out to be really patches to a variety of Ant packages.

Thanks, I'll follow up on this, and post to Jakarta PMC when it is
received in iclas.txt.

- Brett