commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Questions concerning VariableFormatter
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 07:27:09 GMT
Please prefix emails by [lang]

Tom Schindl wrote:
> I just found out that this project has exactly what I was searching for
> long time because MessageFormat doesn't really suite my needs.
>
> I see that this Class has been added in 2.2:
> a. Is there any plan when 2.2 is released
When its ready ;-) No firm dates, but work rate is pretty high at present.

> b. What would be with adding formats applied to values like
> MessageFormat does it {myDate,date,short}. The attached patch does that
> simply using MessageFormat.
I agree that this is a good idea if done carefully. However we have no
plans to do this at present. You might want to propose some
suggestions/code separately.

> c. Are there any planned changes to VariableFormatter to make it more
> look like MessageFormat?
Not at present, although its my personal opinion that it should extend
Format before 2.2 release. You could help code this.

Stephen