commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] Distributing an ide version
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 00:24:28 GMT
Doesn't the source zip required by an IDE usually need to be baed at the
same level as a JAR?

ie
org/apache/commons/foo/Foo.java

where in -src that is usually under src/...

I'm not sure how that would site with an IDE though - perhaps include
both those JARs in a single -dev zip.

The approach we're taking with Maven is to publish a source JAR (and
Javadoc JAR) that accompanies the binary JAR.

- Brett