commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject [ALL] Distributing an ide version
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:46:04 GMT
Currently we make available two versions, src and bin.

The src contains all the source code and xdocs. Occaisionaly the jar
file is included (this is a related issue to this email thread).

The bin contains the jar file, and the javadoc.

Yet, whenever I download a commons package I always find myself
downloading both - the bin to get the jar, and the src to get the source
to attach within my IDE (Eclipse).

So, maybe we should consider having an ide download. This would contain
the jar and the zipped src (no xdoc or package.html etc). This would be
a smaller download than either current dist, yet provide everything most
users need, and without two downloads.

Am I talking rubbish? Would you download a commons-xxx-ide.zip? Is it
worth the effort?

Stephen