commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawagu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [javaflow] byte code instrumentation
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:50:58 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Well ...it does sound reasonable - except that
> isRestoring/isCapturing feels also a bit awkward
> inside the Stack class.
> Would have been nice to keep that one clean :-/
>
> But on the other hand a clean Continuation interface
> and saving some instructions on the bytecode level
> does sound very tempting.
>
> ..we could also have a specialized Stack with
> those flags extending the basic Stack implementation.
>
> WDYT?

OK. we'll keep the current Stack class intact and extend it.
We won't be using the basic Stack implementation by itself, but rather
we'll be always using the extended Stack class. So the distinction seems
bit odd, but I see why you'd want to do it.

It's also very easy to merge those two classes into one later if we want
to do so.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com