commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] propose Commons-Csv to Incubator
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 05:12:18 GMT
Vote to go ahead and take the wiki'd proposal for a CSV component to
the Incubator.

[http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CommonsCsv]

[ ] +1
[ ] -1

----------

This is a bit of an odd thing to do, so I'll explain my thought process.

The Netcetera offer of a starting codebase incurs some legal
checkboxes that I've been unable to comprehend the answers on. I think
we just need to get a code grant from Stefan (in addition to the CCLA
they already have on file). The easiest way to get this figured out
will be with the help of the Incubator PMC.

Increasing our understanding of the Incubator will help us realise how
quickly (or slowly) things like James Carman's Syringe (I think was
the name) project could have joined, and also whether commons-proxy
needs cleaning up code grant wise.

Understanding the Incubator process better will help us better
redefine our Sandbox process to make sure we've got things covered. I
think this just means legal things.

Anyway, feel free to vote, create commentary threads (please change
subject), edit the proposal (such as adding your name) or generally
cause mayhem.

Hen