commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sandbox Project Proposal: Commons-Proxy...
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:57:54 GMT
On 8/9/05, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 14:00 -0400, James Carman wrote:
> > Some of the code in my new "syringe" project deals specifically with
> > creating proxy objects (currently I support CGLIB and reflection-based
> > proxies).  It is generic enough to live on its own and useful enough that
> > others might be interested in it.  Does this sound like something that does
> > belong in the sandbox?
>
> sounds like a useful component.

This seems like the most important part :) You're a committer James,
so I'd say go for it.

> one of the general issues with small and almost complete sandbox
> components is that it's hard to build a community when there's not much
> to be done. would need a period of concentrated effort together with
> some support from existing committers to be able to promote it. (but
> don't let this put you off...)

Yup. In fact being 'complete' seems to be a problem with the general
ASF concepts. Complete codebases will never develop a large
development community, but the ASF can help them generate a large user
community.  Is this good/bad etc.

Hen