commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [docs] draft of "building components" page
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:29:37 GMT
> Sorry...URL below should be
> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/building.html
>
> On 7/31/05, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I committed a draft in /commons-build/xdocs/building.xml, but did not
> > link this.  You can see the html here:
> > http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/buildling.html
> >
> > I also committed a bunch of sample files referred to in in the text.
> > Pls (gently) correct any errors or bad recommendations.  Thanks!

Looks good.

Using <here> for link names is not ideal.

Rather than:

Follow the instructions <here> to download and install maven

why not put

Follow the <instructions to download and install maven>

instead? And similarly for the other generic link text items.

Makes it easier for screen readers (software and human!) to understand
what the link does without needing to look at the context.

Just my 1d.

S.