commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [io] release?
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:08:16 GMT
--- Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Who is the release manager of commons-io?
>
> I'm guessing no one was able to volunteer.
>
> Anyone up for volunteering on making this move?
>
> Failing that, what's the status on the release. Any
> reason not to
> knock out the release notes, various reports and zap
> out a release
> candidate?

Well, I've put in the odd hour here and there. I'll
have to check if there's anything left todo. I did
want to create a URLUtils, but that may have to wait.

> FileUpload's next release is blocked by IO's
> release, so it's in our
> best interest to get something out asap :)

But maybe we should ask why FileUpload depends on IO?
Is there anything in the public API, or can we
copy-and-paste the classes to package scoped to reduce
dependencies.

Stephen