commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [validator] Towards a release
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 01:29:15 GMT
If I remember right, 1.2 (HEAD) includes form inheritance which wasn't
widely tested.  Niall might
remember more details.  I think releasing 1.2.0 from HEAD would be fine so
we don't have to go through the error prone process of maintaining two
branches.  Thanks for picking up the Validator torch!

David

--- Don Brown <donald.brown@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to get a release of commons-validator out the door, as Struts
> 1.3 would like to use some of its new bug fixes and features.
>
> I'm pretty new to validator, so I'm not familar with its history.  Any
> reason we haven't released 1.2?  In the past when I fixed bugs, folks
> backported them to the 1.1.x branch; why not just roll 1.2 or at least
> roll it in addition to a bug fix release for 1.1.x?
>
> There are a couple more validator open bugs that I can sew up, if I
> saw a release as a near-term possibility.
>
> LMK, thanks,
>
> Don

Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/