commons-dev mailing list archives

From Al Chou <hotfusion...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [math] SoC Commons-Math Status
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 04:46:34 GMT
Yes, good point, Martin.

James, please see
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg61147.html for an
example of our exercising a decision we made early in Commons Math's history
regarding code derived from _Numerical Recipes_ (in short, using _NR_ as a
source for code without getting written permission violates their license, and
their license is not compatible with the Apache License anyway).

Also please see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/developers.html for
general information and guidelines for Commons Math contributors.

I strongly recommend you post whatever JUnit tests and code you currently have,
regardless of what shape it's in, either to the list or somewhere accessible
via Internet, before continuing with any more coding.  At this point it is
going to be important to make sure you're not wasting your time; deriving code
from _NR_ is not compatible with (probably most if not all) open source
licenses, so it's not just an Apache Software Foundation issue.

Al