commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project Proposal?
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:33:54 GMT
>> I thought the established process was to use the incubator,
>> promoting to
>> Jakarta when community strength and diversity was clear. This is what
>> recently happened with Derby to DB, for example.
>
> That's for projects external to Apache.
>
> Are we saying that if 1, 2 or 3 ASF committers have an idea, they
> should either develop it externally or work through the incubator
> before creating it?

Well, AFAIU the incubator is also about establishing a community
not only about legal safety - so that would apply here as well.

...but the whole progress might be a bit too much for a little
library project. That's why the commons sandbox still makes
sense. It's about smaller components NOT on the project level.

But maybe it would be worth discussing the whole internally
sponsored projects idea over at incubator. WDTY?

cheers
--
Torsten