commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Campbell <scampb...@gmail.com>
Subject [dbcp] PerUserPoolDataSource
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:53:36 GMT
Hi,
I would like to get information on how i can get commit
priveledges for dbcp or submit a patch. I need a way to
close pools per user. As far as i can tell you can only
close all of the pools in the datasource.

I believe the following may be useful (unless I have missed a way to do
this) :

public void closePoolPerUser(String user)
{
pools.remove(getPoolKey(user));
}

Also the maxIdle and maxActive cannot be set to 0 as this sets it to
unlimited.
Is there never a time when you may want to throttle/disable a pool in this
way ?

Any comments/advice would be welcome.

Regards,
Sean Campbell