commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] JSR-168 support in 1.1-dev: can we get a release (plan)?
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 01:30:39 GMT
On 8/21/05, Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:
> I'm working (as committer) on Jetspeed-2, Portals Bridges and Wicket (wicket.sf.net).
> For all these projects I need to provide some form of JSR-168 based FileUpload.
> Although I found the 1.1-dev release in cvs.apache.org/repository I'd rather see a real
1.1 release.
> The current codebase hasn't been touched since December 2004 and although it might not
be 100% fail prove,
> a release simply based on the current codebase would be very much appreciated.
> Reviewing the mailing lists (both dev and user) shows I'm not alone in this respect...
> I've already seen some projects decide to pull in the code themselves instead of waiting
for ever.
> Could anyone from the FileUpload team please give an indication if, and hopefully when,
we can expect something?

FileUpload 1.1 depends on IO 1.1. I've tried to nudge the IO folks
several times to get their 1.1 release done, but there always seem to
be a few more things that need to be finished up and nobody to do the
finishing, so that has never happened. That has rather dampened the
enthusiasm I once had for getting FileUpload 1.1 finished and out the
door...

> And if need be, I'm willing to help out where I can: just let me know.

If you can help in any way to get IO 1.1 released, then I'll be glad
to jump back in and finish off FileUpload 1.1 shortly thereafter.

--
Martin Cooper