commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jci] Karma and status request
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 07:32:12 GMT
Hi Don,

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 00:17 -0700, Don Brown wrote:
> I'm not sure the policy regarding sandbox projects for one that
> already is a member of several commons proper projects, but I figure
> it couldn't hurt to ask.
>
> For a Struts project in the sandbox, Ti, I've started playing around
> with JCI, and its CompilingClassLoader in particular.  I wanted to
> make a small improvement which would allow the JavaCompiler
> implementation to be passed in, rather than have it hardcoded for the
> EclipseJavaCompiler.
>
> What is the status of the JCI project?  Do I have enough karma to add
> myself to the project.xml and commit the patches?

If you've got commit access to commons proper, then you already have
access to the sandbox.

However before modifying a project you've not been involved in before
you should discuss this with the existing project maintainers. It's not
just a matter of politeness (though that's important); it's also
important to check that any change fits with the goals the original
project maintainers are aiming for.

I see that jci has just one developer listed in the project.xml file:
Torsten Curdt. Torsten is reasonably active on the list so I suggest
posting your patch proposal to the list and seeing what his response is;
if he gives the ok you should be able to commit the patch yourself.

BTW, you mention project "Ti" in the sandbox. This isn't in the commons
sandbox; do you mean some other sandbox?

Regards,

Simon